One of our YES friends, Murray, decided to sign on to a classic “age of sail” tall ship for three months when he retired a few years ago. The “Picton Castle” is a square rigged Barque ship that provides appropriate training to able bodied people of any age that are looking for a truly unique […]
(Y.E.S) looking for the next fun thing to do!
Y.E.S people are probably aged 60-75 with a zest for life and probably retired from full time work, although all are welcome here. Or perhaps just getting closer to that time of the final journeys of life.
This blog is intended to help you find those next fun things, and provide resource links to help you enjoy them. I very much want this to become a Town Hall / Market Square style of “interactive portal” for like minded people – Although I am not entirely sure how I will do that yet. I hope to incorporate some audio podcasts, and photography as well, over time.
There are many broad categories of information in here, as identified in the bottom of the home page. Its kind of a shopping list of topics that I hope to write about by individual posts about each. Again I welcome suggestions for topics I have missed that may be relevant to Y.E.S. people, that should be added to this list.
- Travel related: Canada, USA, , Mexico, Panama, Central / South America, Europe (Cruising, RV, Weekend)
- Health considerations: Protecting, Insuring, sustaining, exercise, diet
- Wealth and money considerations: Budget conscious or VIP
- Family, friends, grandchildren and relationships related
- Regional considerations: Canada, USA
- Special Interest Groups: Music, Science and Technology, Photography, Food, Genealogy, GeoCaching, Hiking, HAM Amateur Radio, Mountain climbing, Genetics, Alternate Energy – Solar, wind, tidal, Dancing, Games, Pets, Gardens, Sports, Politics
- Legacy: Planning for the end. Funerals, Wills, Finance
Please SUBSCRIBE to our NOTIFICATIONS
If you would like to be notified of future articles like this, please LIKE our Facebook page, which will then include us in your Facebook feed. Click on this LINK to take you to our page, then click the LIKE button as shown below: